Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Beautiful quilt and Painting the house

I have had a great day today. It started with this beautiful quilt. Some quilts are a joy to quilt, and this is one of those quilts. Straight as an arrow and flat as a pancake! I love the scrappy 1" chains and the soft yellow background. Just a wonderful quilt.

King sized Irish chain quilt

pretty 30s fabrics and a flowery pantograph design

Nice lavender  backing, too.



Then, there were the painters. My house windows were swathed in plastic yesterday and the guys came and painted today. They looked like ghost people through the plastic! I ventured out to see the progress during my lunch break. The color is very close to the original color, but looks brighter and cleaner. Tomorrow, they will do the trim and the doors. 


Can't use the sliders, so Molly has had an adventure having to go out the front to do her business.

One of the guys painting in the front

Why do painters wear white outfits? And they are like
most workmen...driving big pick-up trucks!
Ghost painter. oooOOOOOoooo...spooky!

New color, number and light. Nice!

Things are taking shape for putting the house on the market. We are waiting to hear from the guy who will be tiling the bathroom and shower, and the yard sale is coming up on Friday. Come Saturday, I will need a rest! (and a dinner out) 
Until then, I have a fishing quilt on right now, all set to be custom quilted tomorrow. Should be fun!
See you on the flip side!

                                                        



2 comments:

  1. We painted the house last year and the (not) fun part was discovering all the rotted wood that had to be replaced (oh well, we needed a new garage door!). Fun to see your ghosts--just in time for October and Halloween.

    Elizabeth
    occasionalpiece-quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I get time to finish it. I enjoyed sketching outdoors at the Arts Festival..even though the temperature was over 90 degrees. Cleaning Services

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.