Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Another finish...Another start!

Today started out slowly with a flare up of my fibromyalgia. Oooo! My back, knees and elbows are hurting so badly, I had trouble getting down to the studio to work. I took some Ibuprofen and finished the quilt I had put on yesterday evening and started quilting. It had to be done so I could get on to customer work. The quilt is a Kaffe Fassett version of Garden Delight, a quilt I teach as a class. I think it turned out really nice, too! So soft...I wish you could feel how drapey and cuddly it is. The backing is a vintage sheet I picked up at Goodwill for $6. Not bad for a cotton king sized flat sheet. I made binding the same blue as the inner border, and have to do the hand sewing to have it totally done.
Garden Delight
                                     
Quilting pattern: Splat!
Vintage sheet backing

After a short break, I put on the next customer quilt in the queue; a lovely wall quilt, all hand appliqué.
Small quilts are fun to do because of the instant gratification factor, but today, it wasn't that way. Work a bit...sit a bit...work a bit...well, you get it. The stitch in the ditch is nearly finished, but that was it for today. I knocked off at 5pm. 

Don't you just love this?!

Two more blocks to outline. Oh well, tomorrow is another day!

I'm in love with the rooster block.
Thankfully, we had enough chicken leftovers to make a quick dinner. Molly settled into her new doggy bed for the evening, and the sun went down, illuminating just the tops of the trees across from the house. 




No late night for this quilter. I am taking some Advil PM and calling it a day.




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful scenery! I notice this morning it is starting to get lighter earlier! Yeah, that means spring is around the corner. We are expecting bitter cold temps tonight like -3!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.