Wednesday, February 4, 2015

February already?!

Wow! Time sure flies. It seems since getting older, time flies by at an astounding rate. We have been here full time for just over a month and have most of our stuff unpacked and put away, the house rooms in order, the studio up and running, and customer quilts going out the door. Life is good here at Wazoo!
My birthday was yesterday, and we took a day off to roam the countryside in the car and have a wonderful lunch out. When you move to a new location, every trip out is a mini- adventure because all of the scenery and towns are new and exciting. We went to Hiawassee and Young Harris by back road, and the woods and mountains are wonderful. I can't wait to see it all again in the spring.
Last week we were quilting, and here are the results of that labor.
Another quilt from Susie the fabric designer. This one uses her Christmas line.

Here is the backing fabric

The quilting is fun and sweet.

Another of my own UFOs finished! I started this one at the Inn on the Lakes retreat.

Scrappy, retro modern! The quilting is very George Jetson looking.

Nice plaid on the back.

Mr Wazoo has been working on the barn quilt in the garage. He has the primer on and we have decided on a block and colors, so he is full steam ahead with the project.
The board, all primed and ready to be marked with the pattern.


On the weekend, I took some time to putter around with my stash and make some 16 patches. I will have three colors in this project. So far, it is turning out just as I imagined. Here's a hint...it has to do with the barn quilt.



Now, it is back to the studio and today's quilting. A beautiful appliqué bed topper from my friend, Barbara. Should be fun!!

Tim put up some of my photography on the blue wall.
Thanks for the B'day cards!
It should be 'smooth sailing' this week!







1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are having fun finally as well as churning out finished quilts. I just started number 3 since my stroke and of course it will be a challenge since there is no pattern, just a photo in the catalog. Lots of fun - I can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.