Saturday, February 7, 2015

Quilting a raffle quilt

I really love quilting raffle quilts! They are usually really pretty and hopefully well made. This one is no exception...beautiful, square and fun to quilt. I started it in the morning and knocked off at 6 in the evening. The stitch in the ditch is done as well as all the colored interior pieces. Tomorrow, I will do the black squares and the borders. I might actually finish this quilt in just two days! It has a black back, so I have to be careful not to make any big boo-boos. So far, the back is looking great. Here is a teaser.




While I quilted, Tim continued with the barn quilt. He removed the masking tape from yesterday and the project looked wonderful! He masked off the next color areas and applied two coats of the red paint. I am so anxious to see it tomorrow without the tape! He says it needs another coat first, so I will have to be patient. I will keep on quilting while the barn quilt slowly takes shape.
Did I mention, I love my life?!





2 comments:

  1. Cool site! This is Pat Didion, but I don't have contact info. Please help...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.