I awoke today revived and refreshed and ready to sew! The block parts were just as I left them on my sewing table, so I set to work.
The quilt looked pretty easy in the book, but I still managed to nip some corners when joining them together. It's a utility quilt, so I won't let it bother me. Next time, I will add a scosh more to the setting triangles in the blocks. Otherwise, I think the finished block is cute!
When they were all done, I put them on my handy dandy design wall and moved them around until The arrangement was pleasing to me. Here is the final arrangement.
Once I had them sewn together, I figured the quilt was a bit small, so I added a little border. I like it. I hope to get it quilted tomorrow and do the binding in the evening while relaxing to TV noise.
Oh yes! I remembered to upload the photos of the giant ASAP quilt, too. The maker told me when I called her that it has 5324 pieces in it. I don't count my pieces...I hate math.
|When I got back from it, I could see it looked like a wedding ring quilt!|
|While quilting, it just looked like a load of pieces!!|