Friday, March 27, 2015

Class Day In Clarksville


 Thanks to the ladies who came out today for the Garden Path class! There were only 10, but we had a good time making blocks and enjoying each other's company. Every quilt will be different looking because of the diverse choices in fabrics used. That's what makes quilting so much fun! It is always a bit of a surprise when the blocks come together and the colors come to life. Here are the students hard at work.

Friends at work

Busy bees

Thanks to Kim, with the long hair, for inviting me.

I love the fabric choices!

These are just as colorful and fun.

Helping one another

They're all smiling! That's a good sign.

The drive home was wonderful. Those Bradford pear trees are so beautiful, I couldn't help but stop and take some pictures of them. The mountains close to home are still pretty brown, but I can see the slight green edge of buds coming on. Tonight we expect a freeze, so I'm glad not everything is blooming.

This breathtaking display is on the front lawn of a school!
The road home...the straight part. No way could I take a picture while driving on the twisty part!!
More loveliness on Rich Gap Road, close to home
Both sides of a long driveway have the pretty trees.
The hill where the horses graze. They were behind the trees.

Once at home, Mr Wazoo held up my quilts from today's sewing. Two new charity quilts to be finished...I better get busy!

I made the smaller version this time.
I showed the class how the 2-3-2-6 comes together.
Monkeys...of course!
Bless his heart! Mr Wazoo finished the back walkway!! That's a hose on top, not a crack..
What a difference a day makes! We are expecting 26 degrees tonight. Brrrr.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.