Sunday, May 17, 2015

Odds and Ends

I had a very good day yesterday. The morning started with a customer quilt too big for Mr Wazoo's machine. I'm beginning to really like the 'modern' quilts. They can call them modern, but everything old is new again when reinvented through new eyes. This simple single Irish chain is modern because of the background and chain fabrics. Unconventional, but sophisticated and lovely.
                                         

The second quilt is also on the modern side, but more conventional than the first. I love the poppies!
After finishing up that quilt, I decided to dig through the pile of UFOs and finish something of mine. I chose this 9 patch pizzazz that I started in a class I taught as my sample in progress. Usually, I will have samples of the quilt I am teaching both totally done and in progress, so I can show the students how it is assembled along the way in class. This one just needed borders, so I played around with the two fabrics and ended up here. I like it, and will quilt it later...still a UFO.

With about an hour and a half to quitting time ( I try not to go beyond 8 or 9 hours in the studio) I pulled some fabrics from the stash and made another 2-3-2-6 charity quilt. Fast and fun! All quilted and binding on, I will add it to the hand sewing pile.
I had just enough of the vintage sheet from Goodwill to do the back!

After supper, I hand sewed the binding of three charity quilts while watching  An Affair To Remember on PBS. One of my favorite movies with Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr. Sentimental and sweetly kitchy. Today, I will be in the studio after cleaning (yuk) the kitchen and vacuuming the upstairs. It has to be done, and alas, I have no maid!
Have a swell Sunday!

The rose bush is going crazy! And the scent is luscious!

Mountain laurel in the front yard. 

Aren't the flowers pretty?

The rhododendrons are coming on, too!

Even our transplanted Christmas tree is bigger!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.