Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Bits and bobs

Today was a disjointed day here at Wazoo. Mr Wazoo finished the quilt he started yesterday, and I trimmed and photographed it so he could go work in the yard.
Pretty pastel chains
Panto: Ribbon Roses
The backing is a pretty garden print
I answered five phone calls from customers and friends, making my day start a little late.The studio was so full of dust and lint, I had to run the Swiffer around two times to get it all up!! Of course, that set off a sneeze fest that even made Molly give a woof. While I was at it, I straightened up the sewing table and the Cutting table. There is still a big mess on the cutting table, but I can't help it...I have too many irons in the fire! Oh yeah, I remembered the little light set I bought on Amazon and decided to attach it to my machine. It was very easy to do. You take a look and see if you see the difference. I sure did! Especially when I needed to sew the black binding.
Tidy table, bright light!
With the machine's light only
With the new lights on. (you can see them reflected in the plastic table)
After greeting four customers in a row and taking in their quilts, plus returning two, I decided to make the bunny for the appliqué project. I am starting to really like this quilt project now that it is getting toward the end!! Tomorrow, raccoons!
The bunny is so cute!!
Friends
I picked out the offending dark thread on the foxes tail, but that left the white bit looking shredded and tired. I made a new piece and button hole stitched it with off-white thread. Looks way better!!
Before
After
For supper, chicken on the grill with fresh tomato, cucumber and onion salad. Yum.
Now, I just have to hand sew the binding on this customer quilt, and I can turn in for the night. See you tomorrow!

Black binding on and ready to sew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.