Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Trying to meet the deadline

The guild sale was fun, and even though I said I wasn't going to buy anything, I couldn't resist. I had just enough cash to bring home a few nice fabrics and a few quilting stencils. Oh well, I didn't spend too much and came home happy.
This afternoon, I worked feverishly to get the blocks done and the rows sewn on my other show quilt. I have to have the registration and photo in by the 31st, so I needed to put the pedal to the metal and get the top together. Of course, yesterday I cut most of the pieces for the blocks, so it wasn't too difficult to sew them up today. Tomorrow, I will have the top finished and enter it in the show! How's that for speed?! I always work best when under pressure, and this instance is no different. I probably won't quilt the show quilts for a while, either, because I have customer quilts waiting. They will get done...just not this week!
This is what it looks like when I am working on a quilt...not tidy, but it works for me!
Individual block bits stacked and ready to sew

Ta-Da! The blocks are done and the sashing started.
Every block is different. I think you can guess what they are supposed to be...

I love using lots of bright, cheerful fabrics!
Time to tune in Lt. Joe Kenda: Homicide Hunter and do some quilt repairs.
Ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.