Sunday, November 15, 2015

Sewing day and quilting night

I spent the day yesterday sewing the lone star together. It turned out 106 x 106", 3 inches bigger than the customer wanted, but I think it will be fine. She opted for custom quilting, so this will go on a hanger until after my surgery, and when I am able to stand long enough to do custom work.
Finished and ready for quilting

So big, it hangs over the back of the frame as much as the front!
In the evenings, I have been doing the hand sewing on the shoo-fly quilt. I have finished the repair and am now doing the quilting. The original maker used a pretty big and uneven stitch, so I had fun trying to duplicate that style. A few more nights, and it will be finished!

All the new blocks are sewn in and the quilting has started!

One of the new blocks with its wonky quilting

My effort on the left, and the maker's quilting on the right. Pretty goo, eh?
Today, I will be putting the finishing touches on my trunk show and talk for Tuesday, and getting the parts made for the hand repairs I will be doing in the weeks to come. 
We go to Dahlonega for my pre-op appointment tomorrow. EKG, chest x-ray, blood work and a physical exam. Oh yes...the payment of the remaining deductible for the surgery. Thank you, Obama, for making this whole event cost me only $2000 out of my pocket. I wouldn't be having the knee replacement if it wasn't for my wonderful Affordable Care Act insurance. I know there are detractors out there who don't agree with me, but it's not their knee!! And when you have a sole proprietorship business, and have to get your own health care insurance, it is a godsend.
Enough preaching! I need to go to the studio and get things done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.