Sunday, January 10, 2016

Late start, strong finish

We got up early enough...8AM, but spent some quality time having a nice French toast breakfast while watching CBS Sunday morning.I extended my leisure time watching Meet the Press, too. Finally, after showering and dressing, I got started in the studio at noon!
Tim had already started his quilting on a customer project, so I didn't bother him. I went to work finding and cutting border fabrics for the three panels I pulled out yesterday. They had such nice colors in them, it made my job easy. I fussy cut borders for the two alphabet panels and a floral for Mother Goose. I had all three sewn and was choosing backings by 2:30. No grass growing under this girl!
Number one, Alphabet panel with fussy cut borders

Swirly quilting

Great circus backing in bright colors

Tim took a lunch break for an hour or so, but I pressed on and had all three quilts quilted by 3:30. There was a huge quantity of yellow striped binding already made that was left over from another project, so I didn't have to make new bindings! Yippee!
Number 2 is also an alphabet panel! Yup...I bought two of these.
But they were so cute (and so on sale) I couldn't resist!

'Potato masher' quilting, and the yellow alphabet print border I had in my stash

30's reproduction backing

It is 4PM now and all three quilts are ready for the hand sewing. There are ice packs on my back and knee, but I'm ready for some Packer football followed by the Golden Globes. I will have to stop to make supper, but we're having a stir fry so it's not complicated. I would say it has been a productive afternoon! My first three finishes for 2016.

Number three is Mother Goose! I love this panel.
I added a soft yellow floral border.

Meander quilting...I was getting really tired and sore.

Fun blue floral backing, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.