I have finished the repair on the little quilt from yesterday, and it was a real challenge! Every time I repaired one hole, I saw another! I have also decided not to wash the quilt, but to leave that decision to the owner. It is just too fragile to take a chance on. Sewing the binding was a bear with the thick and thin batting.
|Thank you to Mr W for holding it up for me!|
|There are 15 patches on the back!|
Meanwhile, I added borders to a little quilt I had in my quilting queue to make it big enough for someone to use at the Family Connection shelter. They are in need of bigger quilts for adults, so I hurried up and got three of them quilted and ready for hand sewing. Now, I have five bindings waiting! Guess what I will be doing during the Oscars, Doc Martin and Downton Abbey.
|My sister made this quilt and gave it to me to donate.|
|I added this bright dot backing and quilted it with Modern Swirl panto.|
|My sister also made this quilt.|
|She donated the backing, as well. Panto: Primrose Swirl|
|I added borders to this quilt, and finished the quilting with the panto Featherize today.|
|I made and added all the bindings and now, the hand sewing can start!|