Monday, February 22, 2016

Weekend warriors make progress


Both Mr Wazoo and I worked over the weekend to get caught up on some quilting. I hate to be behind on things, and my knee surgery has caused a backlog of custom quilts to be done by little old me. Mr Wazoo has blazed past me and is doing fine on his queue of pantograph quilts. He finished a set of twin bed quilts over the weekend and is working on a third one.

The customer made two of these for her guest room beds

Panto: Come Dance With Me
This is the third twin quilt, being done in Autumn Oaks pantograph.


My first project was this perky nautical flag quilt. I L-O-V-E the rick rack!


Custom quilted so as not to disturb the rick rack.
I did finish the patching and quilting of the hunting cabin quilt. It looks so much better...I forgot to take the 'before' picture. It had holes everywhere. It really would have been easier to just sew a new one! Oh well, someone loves this quilt enough to have it fixed. They will love it another 50 years now!




The last couple of days, I have been working on this lovely hand appliquéd quilt made by a woman in Florida. The stitch in the ditch and feather background quilting have really made the appliqué motifs pop. I just have to finish the top and side outer borders and I'll be finished.  I think it will look beautiful on her bed.

work in progress.
The quilting is coming along nicely.

Tomorrow is guild, and I am a February birthday girl, so I have been baking brownies and cookies for the meeting. I will also be delivering quilts to customers there. Audrey Hiers is speaking, so it should be a good meeting all around. Hopefully, I'll be home in time to finish the appliqué quilt.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.