Friday, March 18, 2016

Small quilts, big fun

Today was a day for small projects. I am waiting for a batting to come from my supplier, so I didn't want to start something I couldn't finish in a day. Thus, the small customer quilts were finished!
First, this sweet table runner.

The peeled back patchwork was really well done

Quilting it was fun, too!

This is the back.

This little piece is a Caryl Bryer Fallert pattern. I love the colors.

The customer wanted it to be quilted like the pattern picture.
It had these ferns and swirls in the leaves.

Here's the back
Mr Wazoo was buzzing along on his machine, working on the last of three tee shirt quilts. Tomorrow, he'll finish it up and we'll get them all ready to be mailed home to their maker.




After work, I got out a quite secret project. The fabrics were chosen by someone else, and my challenge is to make something out of them. I stared at them for a while, looked through some of my quilting books, and decided to make this quilt. It is an improvisational block from the Stack a New Deck book. I have made this one before and enjoyed the process very much. The blocks practically make themselves!
I know I say it often...but, I LOVE making quilts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.