Sunday, March 6, 2016

Time for some fun!

Starting tomorrow, I will be off-line for four days. I am going on our guild retreat and there is scant Wi-Fi there, making it nearly impossible to post on the blog. No TV, no phone and Wi-Fi in only one building...I guess I'll just have to sew, sew, sew!!!
We all had the opportunity to make some things to earn points for prizes at the retreat. At first, I wasn't thrilled about it because I don't like making crafty stuff, (I like to piece quilts), but the things we made go to needy organizations and the other members of the guild. I acquiesced and made three pillow cases, a pin cushion that looks like a mini pumpkin (it had to be food related), and a new apron (which I will be keeping to replace the worn out one I have now).

I made the apron reversible again so I could get twice the use from it.


In the Wazoo world, we had a new quilter bring a quilt this week, and it is a beauty! I love her choice of color palette. Also, she did a great job piecing; the quilt is perfectly square and flat.
Both the customer an Mr Wazoo did a wonderful job on the quilt

Panto: Small Splat



Tomorrow, I'm off to Toccoa with my friend Kay for four days of nonstop fun sewing. I have my projects cut out and ready, as well as the supplies for my sweatshirt jacket class together. I have always wanted to make a sweatshirt jacket, so I'm excited about the class. Most of the time, I will be sewing in the UFO room. I hope I am not the only one in there! I will be taking pictures and will post about the retreat when I get home on Thursday.
Have a great week, and I'll catch you on the flip side!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.