Sunday, April 24, 2016

Back in the studio and happily working

I thought the memory quilt would be a snap to put together and then I would move on to the raffle quilt border. Oh no...not to be. The memory quilt was a booger to piece and it took the full day to get the top together. At least that's done! I have to find suitable backing for it, and then it will go into the queue until I have the quilt on the machine and the Florida guild's raffle quilt done. I'm having one of those times when I have so much work to do, it makes me a bit nervous. Everything always gets done, so it shouldn't bother me, but it does.
Mr Wazoo worked in the studio most of the day, too. He has been quietly working on quilts and getting his work done while I was gallivanting around showing off my quilts and sewing with my students. What a guy!
I think this fabric is Brown Bear, Brown Bear

I love the artwork and colors.
Panto: Bubbles

Mr W did this lovely Garden Path quilt today

Panto: Swirl and Twirl

Then he went outside and puttered a bit with his gardens
Here are the quilts I have been working on.

I quilted this charmer before going out of town.

Its hard to see, but there is a nice flower motif in the pink blocks.

I didn't quilt on the flowers because the customer is adding yo-yos to them later.



This is the next quilt to be done. I have finished the stitch in the ditch since this photo
and will start the quilting tomorrow.

And then we come to the memory quilt. The top is finished and it is
waiting for a back and some easy quilting. Not too bad for towels,
bathrobe, curtains, a blanket and various articles of clothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.