Saturday, May 28, 2016

A lovely day for quilting

It was in the high 70s today and very pretty outside, but we spent most of the day in the studio quilting. Because we have been simply inundated with projects lately, it is inevitable that many sunny days will be spent working on quilts. I don't mind at all, but the man gets antsy after too many 'quilty' days and not enough gardening days. I figure since it is a holiday weekend, I will give him the day off tomorrow or Monday to do whatever he wants. (And we all know what that is...yard work!
Here is what we have accomplished in the last couple of days.

This customer Stack and Whack is one of the prettiest ones I have seen. I wish she had used some of the un-cut fabric for a border so we could see what it looks like.


I did this custom job. It is a fused appliqué block of the month.

The quilting was pretty simple, with background fill and border treatments. The customer
wanted a low cost custom, but it is still really nice.

Fun borders

Oops! The quilt was photographed upside down! Mr Wazoo did a panto on this fused appliqué quilt.

The customer picked Trailing Vine, a very loose and simple pattern.







I hope this is the last time I work on this quilt!
You may remember it from past posts. The customer has sent it to me twice to get more hands put on it. This time, I added the father's hands. He must have arthritis with those knotty fingers.


The man did this little wall hanging with the panto Curlz.
Last night, I finished a repair job I have been working on for a month or so. I forgot to take a picture, and the customer already came and got it. Oops again.

When I finished up yesterday, I quickly quilted these charity quilts I made at the guild sew-in.
The binding is on and I will be hand sewing tonight! 
 
Here are the backing views.

If this quilt looks familiar, it is because you have seen it a few times before. This is a quilt from my latest class. The customer used these bright batiks to make a stunning quilt.

Panto: Small Splat

I am in love with this fabric she has on the back!

I worked all day today on a huge reproduction quilt. The customer brought the magazine she got the pattern from and requested I quilt it like the photo of the finished quilt.

The stars and basket handles are hand appliquéd, and there are no two fabrics the same in the baskets or stars. Wow!!

The stitch in the ditch took most of the day. One row of actual quilting is finished. There are 81 blocks, and each one takes me about 8 minutes to quilt. All ruler and template work. But isn't it lovely? Square and flat, too!!
I thought I would close today with the latest pictures of my rapidly growing grandson. He is now 6 months old and has a bunch of teeth! I wish I could see him more often. He is such a happy child!
Toothy grin

Isn't he cute? You just want to pinch those cheeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.