Sunday, May 1, 2016

Rainy day in Georgia

I am happy it rained most of the day here, because it makes me work in the studio without the longing to go outside and enjoy the warm weather. I finished up the memory quilt last night while watching the PBS program about the National Parks. Binding is easier when there is something interesting to listen to on the TV.
finally done and quilted!



I backed it with a cotton sheet.
I don't mind using them for utility quilts that will
be washed many times.

I chose this stripe for the binding because it has many of the colors from the quilt
Mr Wazoo worked on a pretty blue Turning Twenty quilt. When he finished the quilting, he ventured outside to do some gardening between the bouts of rainfall.


Panto: Featherize
I spent my entire day doing fiddly stuff that is necessary to finish two quilts. First, I made the rest of the appliqué pieces for the guild raffle quilt. I will turn the edges tonight in preparation for machine appliqué.
Next, I prepared the tee shirts for a customer quilt. The recipient will graduate later this month from the local High School, and this is a gift from her mother. Once I had all the shirts prepped, I messed with placements on the design wall. I think this is the winner. Tomorrow, I'll add the sashing and get it ready for quilting.

1 comment:

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.