Sunday, June 12, 2016

Busy days as usual

Yesterday we spent most of our time working in the studio. I hand mended two quilts for a customer whose dog got a bit chewey with them. Unfortunately, I forgot to take either the 'before' or 'after' photos before returning them to their owner. Oops.
Mr Wazoo quilted a modern quilt. I think it is very interesting. When I had finished the repairs, I quilted the top I made at the retreat. It will be a quilt for the homeless shelter. I bound it in the same green as the inner border.
Modern hexies

Panto: Vertigo

Jelly roll quilt I made

I don't remember the name of this panto...looks like wishbones to me.

The second quilt for Mr W was a difficult one. It wasn't very square and had many tucks and pleats sewn down by the customer. He did a really good job, and I applied the binding and did the hand sewing while watching the entire PBS version of Pride and Prejudice. Love me some Colin Firth...
Panto: Flower Festival

Binding finished!
While Mr W quilted away on an Eleanor Burns Underground Railroad quilt, I set out to get the class samples made for my guild workshop on Monday. I got everything cut and the partial blocks sewn and boxed up, then picked out fabrics for charity pillowcases I'm going to make at the up-coming retreat starting Tuesday.
We also had to make a 'mug-rug' and get a gift for a 'Secret Sister' at the retreat. My gift is wrapped in an actual Omiyage (Japanese for souvenir or gift) cloth I was gifted on my trip to Japan! I hope my 'sister' likes it.
Underground Railroad quilt
Panto: Orange Peel

Pillowcase kits ready to sew

Soon to be pillowcase kits, ready to cut!

My mug-rug.
Today, I plan to get my projects for the retreat cut and packaged, then pack up the rest of my supplies for the three days of fun. I have already done the laundry, gone to the store for my snacks, and packed my sewing machine and sewing supplies for the workshop tomorrow. Yes, it has taken two days to write this post. I didn't get to bed last night (this morning?) until 1:30, and was too tired to finish it.
We'll see if I have the energy (or even the material) for a post tonight.
See you on the flip-side!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.