Saturday, August 27, 2016

Quilts, Feet and Cement


For the last couple of days we have been getting up at the crack of dawn when the driveway guys come. Mr Wazoo has no problem with this schedule, because he generally goes to bed by 9:00 and gets up around 5:30 or 6 a.m.. I, on the other hand, go to bed after midnight and get up between 7:30 and 8. I'm tired!!
Quilting has slowed down a bit due to a flare up of my plantar fasciitis in my left foot. I first noticed the stab of arch pain on my Wisconsin trip and began the massage and foot exercises. If you have ever had this, it hurts! Standing all day is difficult, so I have switched gears and done some sewing, and less standing at the Gammill. We are going to Oregon in a few days, and I am desperately trying to heal this foot!
I finished up this quilt top 

Here it is, quilted and with the binding attached.
I really like this new pantograph, but can't remember the name of it.
The quilting gives the effect of a heat mirage...like you would see on a hot day hovering over the asphalt. That wavy look.
This was my final choice for the border, with a cut-down leftover block in each border
The backing is a shirting plaid I bought years ago in Pennsylvania.
It is really soft and drapes nicely.
I quickly quilted a baby quilt for a customer whose grandbaby came before she was ready! I did this so fast, I had it done and returned to her without even taking a photo! Oh well, brain fart of old age...Between spurts of quilting, I have been de-constructing the horse blankets for the customer who wants sofa throws made from them. I sure hope I don't break my new seam ripper!
Mr Wazoo has spent the last three days 'supervising' the driveway paving job. As I mentioned, the guys come at 7 a.m. and work until 5 p.m.. A long hot day for them, as well as the 72 year old helper. He has been coming in, showering, eating and then falling asleep in his recliner by 8:00. One night, he slept there. I tried to roust him up to go to bed, but he wouldn't budge. Thank goodness the driveway is done! He took a bunch of pictures, so I made a slide show instead of posting them all here.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free digital slideshow personalized with Smilebox



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.