Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Relaxed sewing

Yesterday I had the worst scare ever concerning my computer. I'm not a computer geek, we get along okay, but I don't know how to do lots of necessary things on the laptop. My photo program is full. I mean really full. I have 36000 pictures on my computer.  That's bad. I decided to back up my photos on an external hard drive with 2 terabytes of storage. The guy at the Apple store told me that was more than enough for my files and pictures. I followed the directions to format the device and accidentally erased all my pictures. After the initial panic and nausea, I went about trying everything to restore them...or at least find them. No dice. There was a copy of the old iPhoto on my other computer, so I went there and salvaged 26000 pictures, but nothing from the last couple of years.
It took all night to load them onto the laptop.
This morning, I went to Apple support just for fun, and there was a guy asking how to get his deleted photos back. They said to hold down the command key and re-open Photo. I did it. There they all are. ARRRRGGGHHH!!! 
Oh well, I got them back. Crisis averted. Now, I'm afraid to close the photo application.

Fast forward to the studio. It wasn't until the afternoon that I was finally  able to get into the studio to play with my fabric. I am waiting for a delivery and am not able to quilt right now, so there has been some sewing going on. Remember the pile of teal fabric from my Sunday sewing? I made the next set of blocks yesterday, and moved on to purple today.

All the purple I can stand. Not a fan of purple, but it is necessary for this project     
                           
This is what a couple of hours without interruption gets you!

I am liking it so far!

Company coming from Florida tomorrow! And maybe my delivery... How excited can one girl get?!

4 comments:

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.