Monday, November 28, 2016

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

 We have been busy bees here getting everything done before Christmas. For a week I have been in a quilt binding storm, hand sewing a couple of bindings each night. Thankfully, I have also been using the DVR to best advantage, taping cheesy Christmas movies to keep me company while I stitch.
This is a very special quilt of valor I just finished for my brother in Wisconsin

I'll be sending it off this week, along with its presentation case to the QOV group there.

This is a peek at the back
Number four of one customer's six quilts.
We're in the home stretch!

Panto: Daisy swirl
Binding all finished.

Peek-a-boo! I like this one the best.

Number three tee shirt quilt for  the customer with the pretty plaid backed quilts I just finished.

Tee shirt from the family winery

This is another soft flannel plaid back.


Tee shirt quilt and quilt of valor...done!!
 With just two more quilts to go on the customer's list, we divided and conquered! Mr Wazoo did one, and I did the other. I'm sewing the bindings tonight (with a little break to blog...)


Digital panto: Flower power



Panto: Yodel

Another cozy flannel  quilt.
The studio is messy, but it is a good messy!!
Two machines resting at the end of the day.
This is my sewing station, where the quilt making and binding happen.
Mr Wazoo has begun replanting the pots with the winter hardy plants.
Poinsettias waiting to go home, or to guild.
Mr W is in a daily battle with the wind to keep the leaves blown  away from the house.
We're in a bad drought and there are forest fires in surrounding areas. One bad thing about living in the sticks...no fire hydrants! It's BYO water if there is a fire, and we are on a well with 15 other homes.
Most of the leaves are off and we can see the mountains again
And soon...the tree will be trimmed, and Christmas season can begin in earnest!
I can't wait! I love Christmas.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.