Wednesday, February 22, 2017

No surgery!! Back to work for the man.

The trip to Gainsville was a nice one in that Mr Wazoo is healing well and can avoid surgery for now. The rotator cuff tear hasn't changed in size, and the fracture is slowly healing on its own. The doctor is happy with his progress. Six more weeks of rehab and he should be good to go. Yippee!!
When we got home, both of us charged right in to working, and are pleased with what we accomplished today. By 6PM, Mr Wazoo had finished yesterday's cowboy quilt and did a small charity quilt for me to tweak the settings on his machine. He has been having some tension problems, but not with my quilt. Must have been the slinky backing the customer used on the cowboy quilt.
Cowboys galore on this manly quilt

The customer got the panels in California and added the denim
sashing and borders to keep the manly vibe going.

Mr W did a starry panto in keeping with the star in the center of the quilt.

The back is a slinky sheet. Not our favorite fabric, for sure; but it turned out better than expected.

This UFO has been in a bin for a couple of years. I was going to add a border, but decided to just get it done as a child's charity quilt.

The panto is Jungle Fever

This is one of the fabrics I got on my little shop hop when my sister was here.

I wasn't idle while Mr Wazoo was busy quilting. The final borders are on the Dresden plate customer commission quilt, and I sewed up the backing and pressed everything so it will be ready for him to do the quilting. 
Top together, inner borders done

Here is what the blocks look like

Small outer borders on and ready for quilting!

Just before quitting for the day, I made and sewed on the binding for the cowboys. I'll do the hand sewing tonight after supper. Mmmm..Turkey pot pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.