Sunday, February 26, 2017


Yesterday, I got off the path and out into la-la land. I should have been working, but when I got the email with what the next UFO selection was, I just couldn't let it go. So I sewed. And sewed. And sewed some more, until the top was done. Now, I can put it on a hanger and get on with work.
This was my plan
This is a close up of the sashing and corner stones, along with the pictures from a nursery rhyme panel

I opted not to use this one...
Georgie is a bit creepy with his hands.

The finished top.
I changed the position of the strip set colors to be more pleasing, and made the borders a bit lighter to keep the sweet look going. It is 57 x 67. Nice size for a small child.
After a day of play, I made the binding for the dresden plate quilt, sewed it on and got the hand sewing done last night while watching PBS. At least I did some customer work...

Quilted and ready for hand sewing

Panto: Flower Festival

The white backing shows the quilting nicely

Light blue binding ready to be sewn down

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.