Friday, May 5, 2017

Another rainy day

                                                              Rain and more rain...
We quilted again today without pause, and got a lot done for the effort. Mr Wazoo is getting a bit stir crazy being stuck in the house, but I think he'll be okay tomorrow. (We're going to the farmer's market in the morning to see what's new.) I'll try to get a photo for the blog.
Here is a brief look at what we accomplished today.

I really like this French General fabric. It sure made for a beautiful quilt.
Mr Wazoo quilted it.

Panto: Featherize



This is the custom job I worked on all day. The stitch in the ditch took the morning to complete, and the block quilting ate up the rest of the day. I finished at about 6:15, and was just too pooped to trim it. I'll do that in the morning. The big square with the stems and flower pot gets ruched flowers when the customer gets the quilted project back from me.

Feather motif in the open blocks.

Add caption

It seems impossible to get a good picture of the quilting.
There is curved crosshatching in the setting triangles and feathering in the zig-zag parts.

Main block background fill
My customer came by today to show me the kimono robe she made for her daughter. I quilted the fabric last month, and she sewed the kimono in a class. I think it is really beautiful, and will thrill her daughter.
It started with this quilted fabric






Snazzy lining



On the way up to the house, I took a few pictures of the flowers in the rain. It is remarkable how fast they bloom! Even in the cool temperatures.

The clematis exploded into bloom today

Another variety of iris has opened, as well

Another variety of peony, too!
There are more of them ready to open. Wonderful!!

On a personal note; my youngest children (twins) turned forty today. Oo-ee! That makes the aging thing come to the forefront in a hurry. To Jenny and Carolyn, Happy Birthday! Welcome to middle age.

Long go, in a galaxy far, far away...
They grew into beautiful young women!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.