Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Another dreary day

It didn't rain all day like the past few days, but it was gray and dreary. I drove to Blue Ridge to drop off my quilts at the art center for their fiber arts show. This will be the third time I have had quilts in their display. Our Blue Ridge guild walks to the venue and enjoys the quilts and other fiber artworks, before having dinner together. It makes for a nice change from our usual meeting.
Once I returned home, I began work on another block-of-the-month stars quilt just like the first two! I also picked up two more of the same quilt at the fabric shop, so they will certainly stir deja vu moments! It is slow going on the tiny custom quilt...I have been pulled in too many directions today.

I took this picture after finishing the stitch in the ditch.
The background fill is now done and I have just to add a few touches to the cats and flowers to be finished.
The binding is attached to the king sized Grunge fabric quilt and ready for the hand sewing. Before quitting for the day, I made the small wall hanging blocks for a challenge at the fabric shop. I am 6 days late getting them done, but they said its okay. I need to put on the binding and add some buttons, then I'll be done. The challenge gave us the block directions and a theme that had to be in the center window. My three items were: a television, a computer and glasses.
Here they are as far as I got by 7 PM.

Television

Computer (needs buttons)

My favorite...Glasses
The only customer finish of the day was this tee shirt quilt. It is for an obviously goth grandson. Been there, seen that on my own son.

A husband and wife team made this quilt together.

They chose this flame design for the quilting.

Little skulls on the backing.

The only thing enjoying the rainy weather is the garden. The flowers were really pretty when I went back up to the house after work. The sun peeked out for a moment, too!

Canna

Stella d'Oro

Clematis

I don't know...Mr W will have to tell me when he gets home.
He will be home tomorrow!! Yippee!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.