I have two of the clothing quilts done, and just need to bind the second one. While I was quilting, my hopping foot went into a buttonhole of one of the shirt strips and created havoc on the quilt. Extricating it after it sewed itself into the quilt was a challenge, but I finally got it out. Unfortunately, it also made a rip in the backing, too. I finished the quilting (of course, this happened on the last row of the quilting) and once off the machine, made a patch and fixed the rip in the backing. Then, I put it back on and re-quilted the area where the patch is. When these unexpected things happen its always a bummer, but with a bit of extra TLC, the quilt can be fixed.
I also had the finished first quilt, so took the pics for you. All three quilts will have the same fabric on the back, and the same binding fabric.