While working on customer quilts, I have been sneaking in some sewing on my show quilts, trying to get them ready for quilting.I have added the border to the rat quilt, and now, I have only to mark the background for the quilting.
|I chose a cartoon-like print for the border from my stash|
|The first quilt is a lively Kaffe Fasset barn raising pattern|
|Hard to see, but I used a floral pattern in the blocks and|
the piano key border.
|I did a spiral pqttern in the inner border|
|Here is a look at the back|
|The second quilt is a reproduction beauty|
in the streak of lightning pattern
|I used a feather pattern in the dark sides and straight lines in the light sides|
|Here is a look at the block quilting|
|The backing is this lovely, soft floral|
|This sheep quilt is adorable!|
|The same customer made this bright strippy|
quilt with bugs and lizards on display.
|What kid wouldn't like this!|
|Another king sized project for Mr W.|
|A look at the back|
|It is amazing how different the same panto can look when done on dark or light backgrounds, and bright stars.|
|Dazzle was used on both star quilts.|
|I took the original border off and replaced it with a darker fabric.|
I think it is a much better choice to highlight the blocks
|Here is a look at the quilting.|
Tiny cross-hatching is tedious!
There will be some hand embroidery in those blocks.
|I'm disappointed that the scalloped quilting with feathers doesn't show on the checked background. Oh well, I tried.|
|The tiny feathers were the hardest part. Not perfect, but okay.|