Sunday, February 25, 2018

Another weekend in the books

I started on Saturday, sewing the extra fabric to the backing of the almost quilted quilt, and finishing the quilting. It turned out really nice despite my boo-boos. The customer came and got it, and was thrilled. Whew!

I'm so glad I fixed the borders! They are perfect now.

Panto: Frolic

The backing
I also finished number one of two bed runners from a man's clothing.

Each one is about 85 inches long.

The maker asked for flowers in the centers of the hearts where she plans to sew buttons from the clothing used in the runners.

The maker is also a fabric designer, and the backing is one of her fabrics.

After finishing the runner, I loaded the second vintage trip around the world quilt, and quilted it with the Baptist fan, like the other one. Right before quitting time, I got the binding made and sewn on for something to do during TV time. It was finished during Sunday Morning on CBS! 

Another twin quilt for the family to use
 
Made by their Grandma from clothes and aprons.
During the afternoon on Sunday, I made and finished this charity quilt from a kit. A small sewing group I belong to puts together the kits for various charitable causes. This one will make some man very happy, I'm sure!

The finished quilt

Panto: Woven wind

A look at the backing
Well, tomorrow I have to quilt the second bed runner and keep working on four quilts I need to make for a customer whose wife (the quilter) passed away and didn't get to finish. It will be a labor of love to make the four quilts from her fabric and patterns to be given to her siblings.
There's always something going on here at Wazoo!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your work. I've enjoyed your blog for some time and appreciate the inspiration. I love that your customer wants to have her quilts finished for her siblings. This is a sweet gesture and I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.