Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Ho hum quilt

After the board meeting and running some errands, I had limited time for sewing yesterday. The block parts were still on the sewing table, so I decided to sew them up and get them out of the way. This is a ho hum quilt. The selection of the cheddar color was so obviously wrong, but I had cut all the pieces and didn't want to start over. I pushed on and finished the blocks, sewed the rows together, and put them up on the design wall. Sigh...Maybe it will improve with quilting. We'll know later today.

BQ2 with too much cheddar!!

The focus fabric has the turquoise and cheddar, but I should have gone with a more subtle light brown color.

I found this fabric in the sale room of a shop in Dahlonega for the back. At least the quilt won't have cost me a fortune!
I will be going to a 'fabric frenzy' today where our outreach groups will go through the stash of a wonderful quilter from the guild who passed last year. Her husband has donated her fabric to the guild for use in charity projects. I'm going to represent the Quilt Camp group in the chairperson's absence. This group teaches sewing to students in local schools. In fact, tomorrow we are off to the Middle School for another fun hour of sewing drawstring backpacks with the sewing club there. I am optimistic that there will be quilters in the future, as long as there are people to teach them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.