Friday, February 9, 2018

The custom quilting marathon

The thing about quilting for customers is, it is boring for you to look at day after day. So, I didn't post for a couple of days to let you take a nap and recover. I am still working on the beautiful reproduction quilt, and the quilting is slowly coming along.
Wednesday I quilted all the gold zig-zags and setting triangles.

I also got a good start on the brown narrow border. Its hard to see here, but there are squares quilted into the border.
Yesterday I finished the small borders, quilted the two long, wide brown outer borders, turned the quilt and quilted the other long brown borders. I also quilted all the white background triangles in the zig-zag border. By 6 pm, I was too tired to take pictures, so today I will do that and soldier on with the blocks. Like I said, its a marathon!
Meanwhile, Mr Wazoo was busy in the man cave quilting these customer projects. 

This quilt has nice, big blocks that show off the fabric line. I saw one like it made from Joel Dewberry fabrics on the Meadow Mist blog today. If I were to make one, I would go for the big, bold prints! This quilt is for a young lady who likes these sweet fabrics, so I understand the selection.
The Joel Dewberry fabrics quilt


Panto: Big Splat

Rosebud backing

Also on his list were these two Easter table runners.

Colorful Easter eggs and the panto: Feathers and Flowers

White linen backing.
In the evening, I am working along on the double knit quilt repair. I'm on the last round of 42 dark blue plaid squares!! I stitched during the Olympics last night, happy to see the married couple from the USA do a great job in the pairs skating competition of the team event. The moguls event was fun, too.

21 squares to go! See where I am sewing them? Into the openings where all you see is batting. I stitched from 8 until midnight and did 12 squares. Polyester double knit is a fabric from Hell!! I will be so glad to finish this one. It weighs about 20 pounds (really...) and has mold on a large part of the back. As soon as I have finished the squares, I will soak it for the mold, wash it, and get it back to the customer.

It is a beautiful day outside, so Mr Wazoo will be doing some yard work and enjoying the sunshine. I'll be in the studio, quilting the reproduction quilt. Have a glorious day!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.