Thursday, April 5, 2018

Catching up

This week will be a catching up week. We're going to Paducah soon, so I have to get some quilts out the door so I don't worry about work to be done while I am enjoying the quilts in the show!
Let's start with the Judy Niemyer hosta quilt.

I'm pleased with how it looks.

More quilting

quilting that mimics the fabric pattern

Border finish

Done, and sent home to Florida!
I spent the day yesterday quilting a vintage top and cutting the tee shirts for two quilts. I will get the binding done on the vintage quilt today, as well as prep all the shirts.

Pretty scrap quilt made from family clothing.

Panto: Flower Power

A look at some of the fabrics from the 30s to the 70s.

Two piles of cut shirts with their stabilizers ready for fusing
Mr Wazoo quilted yesterday, too. Finishing this lovely Dresden Plate quilt.

Even though I am not a 'purple person', I really like this quilt.

The fabrics used are beautiful, and the panto (Small Splat) is perfect for the feminine feel.
Off to the studio. We had one beautiful day here, teasing us with the promise of Spring around the corner...then, BAM! Cold again. Oh well, put on the sweatshirt and the crazy socks. Its time for work.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.