Friday, May 11, 2018

A lovely day for some quilting

Today I finished the binding on the second tee shirt quilt, and quilted a stunningly beautiful modern quilt. The customer says it was easy to make because the fabric did all the work! I love the fabrics, the pattern, the quilting and the backing, too!!

The full Monty

A bit closer, and you can see the subtle gradation in the fabrics.

Panto: Yodel

Get a load of this wonderful backing fabric! I wish I had some...
Mr Wazoo completed this colorful quilt before digging and planting in the garden.

Simple blocks with a great design.

Panto: Quirky

Pretty botanical backing

Last night I sewed the first tow rows together on the lap quilting job. I have the next two pinned and ready for hand sewing tomorrow night. We are expecting company tomorrow, so my work day may be cut short. Hopefully, I'll get the stitch in the ditch started and well along on the African quilt. It has been patiently waiting for me to get going on the quilting. 
The gardens are filling out and everything smells intoxicating. The peonies are the showiest with their huge white and pink blooms. Too bad they are so short lived.

Mmmmm! I wish this was smell-a-blog.

More green than brown is a sure sign Spring has sprung.

Even the back garden is greening up!
Mr W got me some snack food at the store today...what is he trying to tell me?

Do you think it really works? We'll see.




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. I think the customer did a splendid job with the color placement, too.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.