Saturday, June 16, 2018

Getting ready

I am spending the day doing laundry, packing, and preparing for my trip tomorrow. I have tried on every pair of shoes to find the ones that are best with my heel pain. Maybe riding in the car and not standing on it will help the pain go away a bit. Walking a lot is going to be a problem. My sister informed me the weather is supposed to be brutally hot this week, so I have re-thought the wardrobe and packed lighter clothes. I don't have a huge wardrobe like most women. I hate clothes shopping, so I am wearing stuff I have had for many years. Oh well, I'm at the time in my life where I don't sweat this kind of thing.
Yesterday, I quilted a project from a customer who took the same class I did, but finished her quilt. I'll finish mine someday...

It is a big quilt, and will look beautiful on a bed!

Panto: Climbing ferns

Nice back, too!
The quilt is made by the same customer who has been patiently waiting for her African quilt. I have made progress on the tribal motifs, but won't finish it until I get home from my trip. sigh...

I chalk on the motif, then quilt over it twice.

Some of the motifs I found in the fabrics, the others were in a book the customer has.
The laundry is done, the bags are packed and I shopped for enough meals to get Mr Wazoo through the week. We'll load the car in the morning and I'll be off on my adventure.
Happy Father's Day to all of you people with fathers! My Dad is well and kicking at 95! We'll chat tomorrow, but now, its time for sleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.