Saturday, February 9, 2019

Uff Da!! What a day

I started out okay, working on the tee shirt quilt and making progress. All the columns are sewn and the red sashing looks great!

quilt in progress
By 2:30, the long sashes were sewn on and all the bike parts laid out when I felt a pressure in my chest. I kept on fiddling with the quilt, but the pain intensified and pierced through to my back. Hmmm...This could be something. I walked upstairs and took some aspirin, then walked back down to the studio. No shortness of breath or sweating...the pain was less, but now my jaw was sort of stiff feeling. Mr Wazoo had gone to the store and I didn't know how long he would be, so I contemplated my options. Call a friend? Call an ambulance?! Wait it out? I called my daughter, the PA, and she said to go to an urgent care ASAP. Mr W came home, and off we went.
Understand, I live in a small mountain town. There is a walk in clinic, so we went there. The doctor sent me to Jasper, where the Piedmont hospital is excellent . In retrospect, I think I should have taken my chances with the local ER, as it is five minutes from the clinic. Jasper was an hour drive. 
As soon as we arrived, I was whisked off to a room where three people hooked me up to a monitor, took blood, started an IV, and did an assessment. Then we waited. After four hours and more tests, the MD decided to let me go home. There will be follow-up and a stress test, but I didn't have a heart attack.
The moral of the story is , if you think something is wrong, listen to your body and do something. I farted around way too long before seeking help. This time it ended well. I will know better if it happens again. 
Tomorrow, I will finish the tee shirt quilt!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.