Friday, April 12, 2019

Catching up at last!


  The quilts have been flying out of the studio and I am counting my cash for Paducah! Tomorrow I'll be taking a day off to accompany a friend to Asheville to pick up her new sewing machine. I deserve the break. I finished the QOV custom job today, as well as a small hummingbird quilt. Yesterday, I finished the schoolhouse quilt and Mr Wazoo mailed it and the big star quilt back to Florida. Let's see some pictures!

Finished Quilt of Valor for a customer's son.

She wanted the stars to stand out

The quilting is simple because the fabrics are so busy, anything else would be lost in the print.

I love the eagles on the backing.
Nil magnum, nisi bonum. without goodness there is no greatness.
Thanks, Audrey for the help with the writing! It's perfect.
Panto: Funky fans
Looks great on the back, too.
Bagged up and ready to go in the box to Florida!
This nice quilt features hummingbirds!
The vines and feathers panto is called Abbie
Hummingbirds flitting all over the back.
Here's the quilt Mr W finished yesterday. I love its scrappy goodness
The customer chose Featherize for the panto pattern.
Looks better on the back.
Mr W quilted this string quilt today. He grumbled and complained loudly until I came to his rescue and triaged the machine. I determined the bobbin case was badly warped (probably from him dropping it on the cement garage floor...) and replaced it for him. I tested the tension, fixed that, and tried a row of quilting. Voila! He was able to finish without too much more sounding off. The strings were sewn to a foundation of black flannel (don't ask...I don't know why) and the seams were pressed to the sides, making for tough going for his small machine. I'm glad it's finished!!
I made and added the binding by machine, as requested by the customer.
Panto: Angel wings
Pretty butterfly backing and the other side of my binding job.
The customer with the hummingbird quilt also had this beautiful quilt here to be done. The order said E2E, so I called to be sure. It is going to be a raffle quilt, and to save money they are having an E2E done.  I picked our best looking panto and started working.
Meanwhile, I started squaring up the second set of embroidered blocks from our customer's mother.
I should be able to start the quilt construction on Sunday.
It took all afternoon to get this far on the  customer raffle project. It is looking very good.
Everything outside is lovely and fragrant. Dogwood, phlox and vinca all happily blooming together along the driveway.
I just adore dogwoods! Don't you?
Mr W got this pink one last year
For a little tree, it is putting on a good show!
After taking the pictures, Molly and I had a breathless climb back to the house.
More quilts, finished and waiting to go home. We're making progress!
I got this picture of Mr Wazoo's mother, Pam today. She is finally able to get up and walk some distance! She fell and broke her pelvis a couple of years ago, and the rehab has been very slow. I have always admired her pluck and vigor! She is 97.
They also have her in an ankle monitor that goes off if she tries to leave the facility. Cheeky Pam up and booked it a couple of days ago, but didn't get very far...about ten feet out the door. She walks very slowly with a walker. An easy catch. Now, she is taken outside to see the garden during the day. I am so glad she is happy and getting some fresh air.




1 comment:

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.