Saturday, June 8, 2019

Productive work day

I have been quilting a customer project for a few days now, and today I finished it! And before Christmas, too!! ha ha

A beautiful 12 days of Christmas quilt

Two of the five golden rings, and the ladies dancing

The ubiquitous partridge in the pear tree.

Festive backing
Mr Wazoo was stuck indoors again today because of the rainy weather, so he quilted also. 

The color placement on this scrappy quilt adds its sparkle

Panto: Small Splat
I'm making what I thought was to be a relaxing, easy quilt to occupy the few moments I have each day to goof off in. Boy, was I wrong! I must have a spacial defect of some sort, because I have had to un-pick the blocks in every row but the last one. I kept sewing the black and white triangles to the wrong sides of the rail fence blocks. After many fits and starts, I am about half done with the blocks. Maybe tomorrow I' ll get the hang of it and finish the top!

After two days(about three hours) I managed to get this far. Not one of these blocks was right the first time! ha! Loads of picking later, it looks a bit better.

Amazingly, I didn't throw a fit or swear, but quietly took them  apart and tried until I got them going the right direction. Much better.
Earlier this evening, we had a nice dinner out (you may gasp in disbelief now...) with friends. It was a birthday celebration for the husband, and even Mr W said he had a good time. Any night that ends with cake and ice cream is a good one, don't you agree? Thanks guys, for a grand night out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.