Thursday, May 29, 2014

Great customer quilt makes for fun work

It's always a good day when I get to work on a beautiful and challenging quilt. This one was made by a friend for her husband, all hand embroidered! Picture type quilts are a challenge, because I have to make sure the quilt doesn't have 'baggy' spots where the pictures are, but not quilt over the picture while securing it down. What you may not realize about the longarm quilter is that we spend a long time staring at the quilt on the frame, waiting for the spark of inspiration to light the quilting fire. Sometimes, this can be a long stare! Fortunately, this quilt had a clear theme and it only took a few minutes to get the mojo going and start quilting. I did all the stitch-in-the-ditch and sashing while contemplating the pictures, so it was an easy transition to them on the second day of quilting. I am pleased with the result.
Today, I'm back at the machine, staring, ditch stitching and waiting for the spark! I do love my job!









The back is a hoot to look at!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.