Sunday, March 26, 2017

Long day in the studio

Yesterday, I hit the ground running and accomplished quite a bit. Mr Wazoo got a pass and spent the day with mulch and dirt, having gardening fun out in the yard. I spent the entire day in the studio, doing what I love. Everyone was happy!
The same quiltmaker who made the last finish here on the blog also made this beauty. I love the pattern in the different blocks of color drawing your eye around the quilt. I really like the light blue fabrics. Wonderful!
It is a big quilt, perfect for display on a bed with the center medallion.

Digital panto: Baptist Fan

The backing is pieced, and the thin cotton batting makes the whole quilt drapey and soft.
Monday, I have my monthly UFO group, so I had to take a side trip and get the quilting done! I finished the binding last night during a mystery movie, and it is now off the UFO list! I'm not sure what I'll do with this one, but its ready to give away.

Maybe you remember me designing and sewing this nursery rhyme quilt.

All done! Digital panto: Flower Power

Little blueberries on the back. The binding is the outer border fabric
While I quilted the UFO, I sewed the binding on a charity quilt Mr Wazoo did for me last week. I'll hand that over to our Heart to Heart outreach group on Tuesday. Meanwhile, I constructed a back for this vintage customer quilt, and loaded it up. I am using the same panto on this one as the nursery rhyme quilt. The simple flowers look perfect on the 30s fabrics. I should get it done today and move on to another customer job. I also have a tee shirt quilt commission to get busy on. I have an April 20th deadline, so can't put it off.
Just another day in the Wazoo studio!

Pretty double wedding ring, almost ready to go home!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.