Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Quilt show week

Quilt take in went smoothly, the judging room prepared, and the first day of judging is over. Oh my! The quilts are beautiful!! We're going to have a wonderful show. I'm off to judging today, scribing for the last fifty or so quilts. By this afternoon, we'll know who won the big prize! (It's not me) My customers are making a good showing, and that makes me happy. My quilts were in stiff competition, so I am still happy with the results. One of  mine will be judged today. In my mind, I know which quilt would be best of show if I got to pick, but I haven't seen it up close, so I can't be sure of the construction. This judge is fair and efficient, a true professional. Kay and I had dinner with her last night, and she is a delightful person, as well. If you ever have to get the judge for a show, you won't go wrong with Lorraine Covington.
Tomorrow will be the "off-day", but we will be anything but off! We have loads of prep to do for set-up day, and I will be loading the car with stuff I have for the boutique and the outreach booths. All this hubbub is exciting to me. I Love quilt shows!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.