Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Finally Autumn

We have been enjoying the crisp Autumn weather for a few days, and the trees are starting to change colors on the mountainside. I wish we could be outside more, but there are many quilts waiting to be finished for our patient customers.
I finished the skyscraper modern quilt yesterday, and the customer loved it.

Quilting in progress. Unfortunately, the back isn't as pretty. Light fabric with dark thread is icky. Starts and stops all show. Sigh...

The front is wonderful! I love this modern take on a skyline at night.

I kept the quilting simple, but it took two days due to the numerous color changes.

I did the sky with a variegated King Tut, adding just a bit of sparkle to the
swirly quilting.
Mr Wazoo has been busy in his space, quilting one beautiful quilt after another. This is my favorite of the latest batch. Simple pattern, but wonderful fabric colors and placement. Between us, the quilts are flying off the rack and into the 'going-home' bags.

My favorite this week!

Panto: Forest Floor


I did this patriotic quilt the customer is donating to a raffle.

The pattern is like card trick with a pinwheel in the center

Panto: Simply Stars

Mr W liked this Buzz saw patterned quilt.

He used a buzz saw type panto for the quilting. Brilliant!

Autumn colors in this one

Panto: Retro Leaves
Today, I start on a project I have been avoiding for months. It isn't fair to the customer that I have balked on doing this project; making a tablecloth into a quilted wall hanging. I have had it out many times, only to re-hang it in the queue because I didn't have a coherent thought of what to do. Yesterday, I bit the bullet and cut the oval into a rectangle and loaded it on the machine. I then spent two hours looking at patterns and trying to decide where to begin. 6 pm and a headache later, I quilt for the day without sewing a stitch! We'll see what today brings...

Something WILL happen today!!

Meanwhile, early this morning the deer family came for breakfast. There were seven family members all enjoying the back garden and beyond. Its hard to capture them through the door and porch screening, but you get the idea. 

Mama and twins came the closest. The babies have lost their spots and are growing like weeds. I hate the thought of someone shooting them, but the circle of life goes on here in the mountains, and it is an inevitable end to some of the deer here. I haven't seen any of the pie-bald white deer this year. Probably shot for their novelty, not for the use of the hunter's family. So sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.