Sunday, October 1, 2017

Quilting day

I spent yesterday quilting! Two machines running simultaneously and with driven purpose. The queue of quilts has grown in the last week, and we have to step it up to get more things done in a timely manner.
First, I finished taking out all the quilting on this customer quilt, and steamed the traces of the old quilting out before starting re-quilting it the way she wanted it done. I am pleased with how it turned out, and hope she is, too. I'd hate to think she would get yet another quilter to remove my work... The right thing was done, and the quilt is better for it.

I removed stitching from the solid lavender border, and all of the blocks.

I re-quilted with the appropriate colors, and a more complimentary pattern.
While I was doing this, the computerized machine was chugging along on my block of the month quilt. It will be totally done later today.


Panto: Yodel




I also quilted one of the comfort quilts from my evening guild. I have another one to do today, and will be caught up then.

Members of the guild signed the muslin blocks, making the gift more personal.

Panto: Flower power

The backing came from my sister. Thanks, Anne!

Today is binding day. I have a king sized customer quilt, the two quilts from yesterday and the one I am doing today to get bound and ready for delivery. I had better get to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.