Wednesday, March 21, 2018

What the heck! and other exclamations


Snuffling, coughing, sneezing, ears plugged, snot blowing greetings! Oh yes, I have a cold of major proportions. I think I picked up this bug at the retreat, where there was a fellow sewist doing all the aforementioned disgusting actions. Thank you, anonymous person, it is just what I need on top of seasonal allergy symptoms. Ah-choo! On with the post!
My way of dealing with a cold...along with soup and rest.
What the heck is going on with the weather?! We had to postpone a trip to Pigeon Forge, TN when this happened...

Snow?!

Snow!

Yup...snow.
No way a carload of old ladies need to drive over and through mountains in snow and ice. Even if it is a wonderful quilt show, we'd rather be alive to enjoy it another day. We'll try again on Friday. 
We did take a trip to Atlanta last Saturday for the arts and crafts show. Very swanky show, too. The items shown and for sale were of the highest quality and also the highest price points! We admired more than purchased. No photos allowed, so I can't show you what all we saw, but I can show a sample of what came home with me.

This pack mule made of screws, bolts, washers, gears and nails was one of the quirky items I got at the only booth where I could indulge my shopping Jones. I also scored a butterfly for Mr Wazoo's garden, a bat we hung on the fireplace (bat, the rodent variety), and a bee on a spring that I have hung over my APQS. 

Down in the studio, work pressed on.

My Block of the Month class has finished making the blocks, and has only the sashing strips to add. Here are my own sample blocks.

Mr Wazoo has been busy quilting. This baby quilt is the customer's first quilt!

Panto: Popcorn

This a quilt for the customer's best friend. I love the cascade of color from light to dark.

Panto: Flowers and feathers

This customer quilt is for someone who lives in northern Michigan where cherries are a major crop.

The cherry fabrics are perfect. Panto: Bush Berries

I quilted this snail trail quilt for an auction item. The customer donates something every year to a school auction to raise money for their arts program.

Panto: Forest floor

I also finished the Dresden plate quilt repair. It will be going home next week. Here are the 'Before' shots.

I was surprised how faded the green in the border was! The dark green is the original color, protected by the binding.

Someone's terrible attempt to fix a tear.

Another bad repair.

I picked out the first fix job.

There were 36 blades with holes, either from the mordant in the fabrics or just wear and tear.

I marked each one with a safety pin. Then I soaked and carefully washed the quilt.

Ready for repair!
Here is the quilt, all finished and clean.

So pretty!! I think the customer will be tickled with the results.




This is where the biggest tear was. I fixed the tear and patched over it for stability.

Everything looks good, and the quilting is more visible after washing.

I'm working on the next custom project, this Judy Niemyer hosta quilt. I have done two of these in the past, so I'm quite comfortable quilting it. Today is the second day of stitch in the ditch. I should be on to the quilting tomorrow.
Back to work,,,ah ah ah CHOO!!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.