Saturday, June 30, 2018

Happy quilting

It was a fine day for quilting today! Plus, it wasn't raining!! I began by quilting the second Quilt of Valor, and getting them both wrapped and ready to send on Monday. The second one looks more like I expect QOVs to look. Very patriotic and pretty.

Cute bowtie pattern

Panto: Star Swirl

A peek at the back
Mr Wazoo worked n the studio all morning and finished this quilt. The customer came later and picked it up.

Perfect camping theme for the summer

Panto: Forest Floor

She pieced the back, too.

When I paused for lunch, I had some toast with a taste treat of homemade strawberry rhubarb jam, made by my Wisconsin farm friend. It was tart and yummy!

PB&J on toast! Yum!
I took advantage of the early finish on the QOV and loaded the antique block quilt after lunch. It went smoothly and looks fine. I plan to display it on one of the quilt ladders in the guest room.

Civil War era monkey wrench blocks, reproduction double 4 patch blocks, and 1960s backing

Panto: Baptist Fan

Not bad for 77 cents a yard!

I managed to get the courthouse steps blocks made and sew up several rows together on the quilt kit I bought on the shop hop. Its coming along nicely, and I think it will be a great quilt for someone from Wisconsin!

The alternate blocks are all about Wisconsin!

I didn't take 'before' pictures (again...) of the emergency repair quilt, but here it is, repaired and ready to go home tomorrow. I replaced 36 pieces and mended a few tears at the seams. I will tell the customer not to wash it again unless she uses the gentle cycle and quilt friendly soap. Thankfully, the cotton ploy border and backing wear like iron, so no damage there. I'd love to know the story behind this multigenerational quilt, but never will. The owner has senile dementia. He just wants his quilt back. Another unsolved mystery that involves a quilt.

You all have sharp eyes! Do you see the repairs? Let's look closer...

The entire brown plaid block has been replaced. The brown plaid that was there had disintegrated in the wash.

Four pieces here

Five pieces here

Just one piece here, and no, its not the floral one. That was already there!

My daughter thinks I have 'tennis elbow', or tendonitis, in my arm. She suggested trying this compression band. It works pretty well! I had way less pain. We'll see how it does tomorrow.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.