Monday, September 10, 2018

Charity day

My sister left today, then I was off to the cardiologist, who pronounced me healthy. I won't have to go back for a year, unless something happens. Yea!! Home again, and more quilting.
I have a few quilts backed up for Quilts of Valor and the nursing home group, so I decided to work on those while preparing for a paper piecing tutorial I'm doing in October. It always feels good to get things accomplished!


One for the nursing home residents!

Panto: Flower Power

Backing and binding

A colorful sampler for a nursing home resident

Panto: Modern twist
Soft Oriental backing
Mr Wazoo has been quilting a rather large customer quilt, and still isn't finished!! He hasn't been working in the man cave all day, so it is no wonder he will be on day three tomorrow.
I have the second QOV on my machine, and will finish it tomorrow. The organization also sends me two quilts a month to do, and I just heard from them that the next two are coming! I really need to step it up and get the ones for my guild done. I also need to get a move on with the custom quilt. I know just what I want to do, and I am really wanting to get into the quilting.
That's all for today, I'm afraid. Errands took up some of the day; Mr W mailed my entries for the Asheville show, put gas in the car and quilted. I went to the doctor, washed the guest room linens, paid some bills and quilted. We are so boring...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.