Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Honeycomb, won't you be my baby...

If you remember that song, you're at least as old as I am!! A customer brought three baby quilts with the cutest Winnie the Pooh fabrics, and honeycomb fabric in the blocks. She wanted the quilting to be honeycomb, so that's what I did!!

Folded so they fit on the rail, here are the three quilts.

They are all like this

Here, you can see the honeycomb quilting pattern.

And this is the honeycomb backing!
While quilting the baby quilts on the computerized machine, I worked on the custom quilt some more.My stupid foot kept me from standing for longer than 20 minutes at a stretch, so it was slow going. I'm doing the appliqué blocks now, and using simple feathers and echo lines. The blocks are pretty, and don't need  gobs of frilly quilting. I hope to finish the last row and get on to the outer border by the weekend.

It's hard to take a good picture with the quilt flat on the machine. There will be better photos when  the quilt is off the rollers.

I hadn't taken a picture of the inner border quilting either, so here it is.

Now, I have to take Molly out and then go straight to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.