Monday, September 17, 2018

My foot hurts...

Mr Wazoo is getting tired of me saying my foot hurts several times a day. Trust me, I'm tired of saying it...and feeling it! So far, the physical therapy isn't making a difference at all. If anything, my foot feels worse. Oh well, I've had to suck it up and keep working. I finished both cabin quilts for the same customer!

The first quilt is for a 7 year old granddaughter.

She likes flowers and butterflies, so I used the panto Butterfly swirl

Sweet vintage backing

The second, bigger quilt, is for the customer's bed. 

She requested feathers, so I used this pattern for the center...

...and this pattern for the blocks.

The quilting shows nicely on the back.
While I worked the two cabin quilts, I was doing more custom quilting on the blue quilt. I have all the pieced blocks done, and one of the borders. In case you wondered how I mark and quilt them, I have taken some pictures while doing the quilting.

Here is one of the finished blocks

I decided to mimic the triangles in the border as part of my quilting design. 

The triangles are 90 degree angles, so I used a small square ruler for the marking.

Starting at the edge of one of the white triangles, I use a Bohin chalk marker to make triangles until I reach the corner.

Like this!

I use my favorite eight  inch long, quarter inch thick ruler to guide the hopping foot along the chalked lines.

I flip the ruler top-bottom-top-bottom until I reach either a corner, or the point where I need to advance the quilt to keep going.

I do the same on the top and bottom borders.

I did a freehand design in one side of triangles, and echoed the straight lines on the other side (not seen here)

Making progress!
I have been working on this quilt today, too, and need to get back at it. Sometimes, I have to get off my foot for a bit.
 Mr Wazoo has been quilting, too. He quilted a modern "plus" quilt, and a cute Cat in the Hat quilt.

Here is the man, hard at work in his Man Cave.

The customer said this quilt used scraps and clothes for the plusses.

Panto: Double Diamonds

Look closely and you'll see the cardinals on the back!

I like the 3-D effect from the different values in the blue and red sashing.

Panto: Popcorn

Lots of "Things" on the back!

I need to make a speed trip to the grocery store and then get back to work! I'll be doing some baking later tonight. I have guild tomorrow evening, and my friend and I are doing the snacks!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.