Saturday, October 27, 2018

Company whirlwind

We spent more time getting ready for company than we actually spent entertaining them! What a week! The best thing is that the house is spic and span, which is a rarity! Mr Wazoo's old boss and his wife,(and our best friends from when we lived in Door County, Wisconsin) were here for a couple of days of fun and stimulating conversation. We miss them, so it was a wonderful visit.

Me and Mrs B at Walasi-Yi, (or Mountain Crossings) where the Appalachian trail goes over Blood Mountain. It is located at Neel's Gap, the highest point on the trail in Georgia.

Mr and Mrs B ready to go to Alabama and bring joy to relatives there.
During a lull in the action, Mr W quilted the first of 12 quilts from one customer. We have to keep the nose to the grindstone with the quilting to get it all done in a reasonable time frame.Most of the quilts in the queue are for Christmas, and a couple of them for Thanksgiving.

I do love a colorful string quilt!! This is a dinger!

Panto: Yodel

The backs on almost all the 12 quilts are pieced. That tickles my quilty heart!
The next show for the Florida guild has a new entry rule... everyone has to have turned in a charity quilt. I can't remember if I sent them some, so I set to work making a couple off kid quilts today. The first one is construction equipment. Some boy should like it.

My favorite charity quilt pattern. I can make these in my sleep...

Panto: Time Warp

My grandson would go gaga over this fabric.
The second charity quilt is now a flimsy. I'll get it quilted and bound tomorrow. Mr Wazoo will send them on Monday.

Woof woof!! Same great pattern. I have made hundreds of these, and they all look different.
Mr W should be able to send the other quilts I worked on today, too! They are for the same customer, so I am quilting them both tout suite.

Number one is this pasta quilt

Panto: Trinity. 

Here's the back

I'm half done with the second one. You'll get a closer look tomorrow.
I have temporarily taken the appliqué quilt off the Gammill to get a rush order done. The customer needs this quilt quilted quickly as a gift for her Mother. Hopefully, this one will be ready to go by Monday, too.

Hawaiian fish will get Hawaiian quilting! Echo quilting was ordered, so I will be echoing like crazy!
Well, the guests are on their way, the fridge is full of food we didn't eat, (Mr W went out to eat twice without complaining!!...three times, if you count breakfast), and my house is clean and tidy, and we still have a bottle of good wine left. Maybe we should have guests more often!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.