Thursday, November 22, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving!



No turkey here today. We will be having an unconventional Thanksgiving tomorrow with friends and our daughter, Carolyn. She is a vegetarian and the friends don't like turkey. I am making a vegetable lasagna, and my friend is making sides and tiramisu for dessert. It should be an unconventional twist on a traditional meal. Mr Wazoo is a turkey lover, (so am I...) so we will have some turkey eating friends over for the traditional turkey-fest on Sunday. A four day celebration is fine with me!
Yesterday, we closed out the week with a bit of sewing and quilting. I finished the top and backing of the huge tee shirt quilt and added it to the quilting line. Customers visited and picked up their quilts, and we got a couple more done.

This quilt is so cute!! Retro fabrics and modern trees are a great combination

Panto: Candycanes. This was an intricate pattern. Each pass took 20 minutes!! Wow!

Super cool retro poinsettias on the back

This quilt has such a wonderful story. The customer made it for her friend whose husband passed away. The friend has a dachshund, and the dog sweaters on the quilt are made from her husband's flannel shirts.

She chose the Heartstrings panto to show her love.

Cozy flannel backing.
On the way to guild the other night, I had to pull over and snap these pictures! It struck me that it was Moon Over the Mountain...like the quilt block. We see this vista every time we drive to town .I love the view.

In the distance is Brasstown Bald, the highest peak in Georgia.

A bit wider view.
When I got home from guild, this was Mr Wazoo's surprise! The tree is up and the lights are on. When Carolyn gets here, we'll start decorating it. Christmas is coming, folks...are you ready? I'm not! For now, let's savor the holiday at hand and enjoy our family and friends. Happy Thanksgiving!

I took this from the comfort of my armchair. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.