Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Sewing day

Not too much in the way of photos today. I finished the quilting and put the binding on a UFO from years ago, then took in three quilts and a repair project. I did a lot of handwork today, repairing a quilt back, hand sewing binding on my quilt, and continuing with the never ending trip around the world quilt I have been doing for months!  More of the same tomorrow, along with some pantograph quilting.
This was a free pattern at a quilt shop in Sarasota that has since closed. I used Kona cotton for the background, and an assortment of wild fabrics for the blocks. I'm not sure I like it (probably why it was on the shelf as anUFO) but I thin it may grow on me. It is really soft.

I have already forgotten there name of this panto. It's from Urban Elements.

The backing is from my stash. I put on charcoal Kona solid for the binding. Hand sewing in progress.
Mr Wazoo got this puzzle for Christmas from our daughter. It was a difficult and frustrating one to put together. He had a big hole of pieces yet to do when he left for South Carolina this morning to visit his mom. I thought I would just put in a couple of pieces before going to work, but ended up finishing the thing. It only took a few minutes because the dwindling number of pieces made finding the right ones easier. He was a bit miffed, but awestruck at the same time when he saw it done. It will stay on the table a couple of days for us to admire.

The edge pieces were shaped like the tiger's head.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.